Having dental implants in Limerick is already common these days so it would be best to have some basic information about it. This is particularly important if you are planning to have some implants to replace your missing tooth or if you are planning to have your tooth extracted and replace it with a denture. Here are some general ideas.
- A dental implant is a dental procedure that aims to replace a missing tooth or teeth with an artificial one. A denture can be made of acrylic resin, ceramic, porcelain or metal. Its price varies depending on the materials and the type of dental procedure required.
- For a dental implant to be completed, it would usually take 1 to 2 months including 4 or 5 dental appointments. Generally, a denture lasts for 5 to 10 years, depending on its quality and caring done by the wearer.
- Even with dental implants in Limerick, you can still enjoy eating your favorite food or beverages so long as you exercise the same caring techniques like you would on natural teeth. You can still practice the lifestyle that you are used to even with implants. The dental implants will not restrict your lifestyle in any way.
- Dental implants are still removable, although there are permanent types of implants. Whether you have a singular implant or complete dentures, any dentist will recommend for you to remove your dentures before you sleep and soak it overnight. There are available denture-soaking solutions for you to soak your false teeth or implants. Ask your dentist for more information.
- Just like dental implants, dentures also require regular cleaning. It is advisable to brush your dentures or implants with gentle or soft toothbrush using mild toothpaste. Avoid abrasive dental products. It would also be best to use toothpaste with fluoride to maintain the whiteness and cleanliness of your false teeth. All in all, oral hygiene is necessary to maintain healthy teeth or gums, whether or not you have dental implants or false teeth.
- Set an appointment with your dentist to ensure that your dental implants in Limerick are in good shape.