Long Beach, CA – October 29, 2015 –College is probably the most important stage of a student’s life. You mightn’t bombed primary school and even glided smoothly throughout your high school years but college is a whole other thing. There simply must not be any fooling around. College is where you are finally introduced into the real word. Forget primary, forget high school! In college you must bring out all you’ve got.
But what happens when all you’ve got is not enough? What then? You have to find help, that’s what. A lot of colleges actually have one form of student support or another. The most common support you will find in colleges is probably the use of a peer tutor. Peer tutors are students who excel at a particular area or subject working with other students who happen to be struggling with that particular subject.
Although parents would think that it would be ideal for their college student to get a professional tutor, as they would think that peer tutors cannot provide the sufficient help that their kid needs. Professional tutoring is definitely of great value and if you can afford it then why not? But what about those who can’t? They would have to rely on peer tutors.
Peer tutors have their own advantages. Here are some of them:
- Because both of them are students, peer tutors would be able to empathize with their tutees more since they understand the frustration and the stress of college life. They may even face the same struggles as a college student.
- Peer tutors ‘speak the same language’ as their tutee, if you get what that means.
- They can serve as role models to their tutee without any discomfort and anxiety. Students will not be afraid to ask questions with their peer tutors as much as they would with professional tutors. They may even be able to express their difficulties more to the peer tutor and because of that, the tutor can think of better ways to help them.
- Their relationship is more of a partnership and even friendship.
- Not only do they provide academic support, they provide social support as well.
- Like professional tutors, peer tutors will aim to direct their tutees on a path of independency wherein they would not need to rely on the help of tutors because they will now be able to approach the subject on their own.
- Peer tutors are more enthusiastic since it would be probably be a new function for them.
- Tutoring in Long Beach can also be fun, whether you are the tutor or the tutee.