Thailand – March 15, 2016 – People have always placed a great value in making the right choices. However, there are some people who are afraid to make a choice for their future because they are afraid of making the wrong choice and regretting it for life. If you are one such person who is undecided, your safest bet could be TEFL teaching. Through TEFL teaching, you’d be able to earn money and explore life while you make up your mind. Who knows, you might wake up one day and realize that you want TEFL teaching as permanent profession.
If you want to get into TEFL teaching, what you should do first is get certified and the only way you can do that is by enrolling in a TEFL course at a TEFL training school. However, with the number of TEFL training schools out there, it can be quite difficult to find one that you think can help you the most. Make sure you enroll at a good school like Pro TEFL.
Check out these effective tips on evaluating a TEFL training school.
- Training Length. The TEFL certification course should be at least 120 hours because the minimum standard for accreditation is 100 hours for the academic aspect and 6-20 hours of practicum. The school that you choose should offer both academic and practicum. A standard course takes about 4 weeks or 20 days while a part time class would last about 2-3 months.
- The best schools are those who are accredited by a professional organization. Just make sure you don’t fall prey to schools that have set up their own ‘accrediting body.’
- Instructor Qualifications. Who will be instructing you during the training? It would be best if you are trained by a highly qualified individual that has an equivalent to a master’s degree.
- Once you finish the training, will they be offering you professional advice or help you get a good placement abroad?
- Good trainings come at a good price. Do you expect to get the right training for a $200 or $500 course? Typical courses range from $1,600 – $2000.