Canary Islands – With the vast open water, the warm ocean breeze and a scenic sunset view, one can understand why a lot of people are attracted to the idea of sailing. Sailing has long been a popular activity. In fact, Sailing has also become an Olympic sport. It is a fun activity that you can share with your friends and your family especially during vacation. But sailing isn’t just a fun activity. It also has a number of health benefits that sailors can enjoy.
Working with a sail boat requires not only sufficient knowledge, but hard work as well. This would mean that the force exerted in sailing is another form of exercise, whether people realize it or not.
Here are the health benefits that you can get from sailing.
- Enhanced Muscle Strength & Endurance. Sailing would require you to pull and host sails constantly which would mean that you are also constantly exerting force which can help enhance your muscle strength as well as your endurance.
- Mental Peace. Through sailing, you would be able to attain mental wellness and peace. The chemical serotonin has been known to greatly influence the moods of a person and the salty sea air contains positively charged ions that help balance the level of serotonin in the body. Add in also the calm breeze and the water and you’ll attain a peaceful feeling in no time.
- There is nothing more calming than the sound of the sea breeze and the waves. Coupled with the rhythmic movement of the sail boat, you’ll get the relaxation that your body needs.
- Since there are numerous tasks involved in sailing, you would be able to enhance your agility as well as become flexible in all sorts of task.
- Increased Focus. Sailing can help you improve your concentration. Naturally, safety would be on top of your priorities and you would always focus on securing your safety while sailing.
Sailing also helps reduce the risks for hypertension, obesity and various heart illnesses. If you are interested in learning how to sail, enroll now at a sailing school & courses.