Caring Tips For Platinum Engagement Rings
A set of platinum engagement rings can be quite expensive. Aside from the monetary value, it is also important to take care of the ring for sentimental reasons. An engagement ring signifies that you are already committed to your partner and it goes both ways. Neglecting your engagement ring is like neglecting your commitment and you don’t want your partner to feel that way. To keep your platinum engagement ring in perfect condition, take care of it the proper way. Here’s how:
- If you are going to be exposed to harsh chemicals such as abrasives, bleach and other cleaning materials for removing stains, make sure to remove your engagement ring first as it could scratch or damage the ring and the gemstones.
- If you are going to do heavy work with your hand such as lift or carry heavy items, remove your ring first. It also goes true if you are going to do some gardening.
- To ensure that your platinum engagement rings would not get scratched by other jewelleries, store it in a cool, clean and dry jewellery box preferable with compartments.
- To ensure that the gemstones will remain intact and tightly in place, have your platinum engagement ring checked by a professional jeweller once or twice a year. If the ring was subjected to hard impact, have it checked also by a professional.
- If there is a need for your platinum ring to be repaired or if its size needs readjustment, make sure that the jeweller uses platinum stock to prevent dark markings along solder points. This happens when jewellers use white gold instead of platinum stock.
- To clean your platinum engagement ring, be sure to use specifically formulated solutions for platinum and gold jewellery. You can also use warm water, mild soap and soft toothbrush for cleaning.
- Be careful in scrubbing platinum engagement rings even with soft toothbrush as it can still scratch or damage the surface.
- Avoid the sink drain when rinsing the ring and use clean and lint-free cotton in drying the ring.