8 Tips To Shield Your Home From Pests This Winter
Apart from frozen pipes, downed trees and suspended power lines, one of the major concerns of homeowners during winters is pests. Pests are drawn towards the warm interiors of the home during the cold winter season.
They can enter the home through small cracks and cervices in the windows, walls, doors and roof. Once a few of them gain entry inside your home, they multiply and cause pest infestation. Pest infestation is extremely dangerous as it not only damages the aesthetics of your home, but also spreads diseases. To deal with the dangerous pests during season, it is advisable to contact a reputed pest control company that provides home exterminator services.
Here are some expert tips to shield your home from pest invasion.
- Declutter your basement, garage, attic and other storage areas. This will help to clean the potential nesting grounds for pests such as rodents.
- Examine your roof closely for any missing shingles and minor cracks, which act as entry points for pests. If you notice any damages, get them repaired before the winter sets in.
- Replace the weathers tripping around the windows. If your neighborhood has fly infestation, install nets on the door and windows to prevent flies from entering indoors.
- Inspect firewood and any other old furniture for termites. Also be careful when you get the Christmas tree. Choose a healthy tree without any termites or insects. Store all the firewood 20 feet away from the house. Keep it covered properly and off-the-ground.
- Inspect the interiors and exteriors of your home closely to identify any cracks or small gaps. Seal these cracks with good quality caulk or other materials.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen and pantry. Store all food items in sealed containers and clean any spills and crumbs immediately.
- Clean the drains and pipes regularly as cockroaches and other insects breed in them.
- Clean your backyard and trim the trees.
You can also contact a professional pest control company for comprehensive evaluation of your house. These companies have the right tools to search for signs of pest infestation and can also identify the potential entryways for pests. Contact licensed home exterminators services to enjoy the holiday season without the nuisance of pests.